Cottage Point Inn, one of the Northern Beaches’ premier fine dining establishments, has appointed Ehren Ryan as Head Chef as they drive forward with plans to refresh their menus and continue to make the restaurant the best dining experience in the region.
Ehren is a Northern Beaches local, having lived in Dee Why and gone to school at St Luke’s Grammar. However, Ehren is all city after that, having trained under Matt Moran at Sydney iconic fine dining restaurant Aria, and then in the small but highly regarded Alchemy 731 in Mosman under Derek Baker. Ehren then travelled the world for more than 5 years building his repertoire and honing his skills with some of the greatest chefs on the globe. This includes working in London with Pierre Gagnaire at his Mayfair London establishment “The Lecture Room” and at the extraordinarily popular “Dinner with Heston Blumenthal” in central London. Ehren continued his Michelin Star experiences in Jersey, working under Mark Jordan at the Atlantic hotel and worked in Austria and Canada.
Cottage Point Inn Restaurant, set on the water at the junction of Cowan Waters and Coal & Candle Creek, was originally the Cottage Point boatshed and general store. An early 1950’s photo set above the mantelpiece shows how it used to be. The building was converted to a restaurant in the 1970s and has been operating since.
Our philosophy is to provide an honest, modern Australian style food served in a professional, welcoming atmosphere. Complementing the menu are wines chosen for their excellence from wine growing regions predominantly in Australia & New Zealand.
The restaurant is open all year around and we take reservations during the following hours:
Lunch (Seven days): Noon to 3.00pm
Dinner (Friday to Sunday): 6.30pm to 9.00pm.
Some points to note:
- Children are welcome at Cottage Point Inn and we provide a children’s menu. However, we ask parents to keep children under supervision at all times so all guests can enjoy the peaceful environment.
- As we are not on town water supplies, our tap water is unsuitable for drinking. Bottled spring water may be ordered.
- Taxis’ are hard to get … Please inform staff on arrival if you need one.
- Taxi companies will not guarantee that they will collect you here.
- Local hire car companies can guarantee collection if arranged in advance, but must be given good notice.
- Seaplanes, ferries and water taxis service the restaurant. Phone numbers and pricing information upon request.
- Special requests such as cakes, dietary requirements etc will be met with pleasure (preferably 48 hours notice is required.)
- For the convenience of others we request that patrons refrain from smoking. For those who cannot, ashtrays are provided near the sandstone path.
- In accordance with Liquor Licensing Laws, drinks must not be taken off the timber deck area.
- As we have limited pontoon space, we do not reserve spaces, and we ask that boat owners allow other patrons to “raft up”. The pontoon is not available for overnight stays, so please vacate after your meal.
- All major Credit Cards are accepted. Eftpos not available.
- We have two well appointed apartments for overnight stays.
- As we are in a serene residential area, please respect our neighbours by departing our premises quietly.
We trust you enjoy your meal and thank you for dining with us.
Follow us on Twitter – “cottagepointinn”